Openend my Sport Jet 120XR2 this weekend aiaiai

scanner ino

Cadet
Hi there,

I've opened my Sport Jet 120 XR 2 this weekend and found out that it has broken down after assumable 40 hours of running, because it's brand new. But, there is always a but: It has broken down because of a production failure. The nut on the downside/ inside of the engine broke off en fell down on the 4th connection rod which has blown it together with the connection rod in pieces and shattered the connection rod itself. Luckily my brother is a welder and managed to weld a little crack on the underside of the reed valve. I have also brought my crankshaft to a remanufacturer together with the upper block to measure it all out. Now I?ll guess I?ve to wait and see which parts I?ve to order. I really hope that I can reuse my crankshaft because there are a few little spots on it. Is there an option to fix those spots? Or is it allowed to build up a kind a new layer combined with oversized caged bearings?
As far as I can see I?ll need:

4 0.15 oversized pistons with rings
?99/?00 model reed house (the upper block on the adaptor plate)
1 connection rod with upper and lower bearing
All gaskets

Finnaly I would like to know if there were any changes in de later models (after 1994). Mine is a 99/00. Hope to hear something of you guys, like where to get the stuff.
Sorry for my bad/ inappropriate English. I am from the Netherlands hopefully that declares enough 