Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the lowest amount of compression the Polaris triple fuji motors will run on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the lowest amount of compression the Polaris triple fuji motors will run on?

Hi there i am looking at used cheap Polaris jet ski's with the fuji motors in them and yes i know they have problems so you don't have to tell me all about them lol. but i know 135psi is what they are on fresh rebuild but im wondering what a decent compression reading should be and whats the lowest they will run on/rebuild point. if someone could tell me that would be great. thanks
    Nathan
    2012 Four Winns H200 with Volvo Penta 5.0L V8 305CID GXiE-N 270HP SX-A
    2012 Ultracraft 16' Canadian with 30 HP Mercury Sea Pro
    1993 Cador-Mat 14' with 1955 Evinrude 15 HP Fastwin
    1993 Bombardier Sea Doo XP 657cc

Re: whats the lowest amount of compression the Polaris triple fuji motors will run on

I've seen PWC engines anywhere from 115 to 150 PSI. As long as all cylinders are within 10-15% of each other, that's the biggest sticking point.
    2001 Carver Voyager 374 'Stick's Competition'

Something tells me I should be on the water....

If I answer your upholstery questions, it's only because I've been doing it 20+ years...

Comment

Re: whats the lowest amount of compression the Polaris triple fuji motors will run on

the polaris triples themselves aren't really bad motors. The main issue is the fuel pump cannot deliver fuel to all 3 cylinders so you should upgrade to a 3 ouput fuel pump. Otherwise, you run the risk of leaning out the MAG cylinder and burning a hole in the piston. There can also be some crank twist, but its not horrible.
      1998 Wellcraft Eclipse 2000 SS (5.7 VP/SX-C1)
      1991 Kawasaki 550SX
      1990 Kawasaki 650SX
      Two Kayaks, 1 tandem, one single
      ISO another standup

Comment

Working...
      X