Son's first purchase

jimgovoni

Cadet
My son is looking at a 1997 Sea Rayder. Owner says it has 180 hours on it. From the pictures it looks pristine. He wants a lot of money, (my opinion) $5500.00. Can anyone give us some pointers on what to look for, how long a test in the water? can it tow a wake-board? Thanks, Jim

nate_1503

Cadet
Re: Son's first purchase

rip off. they aren't worth the money most of the time and have if'y issues, what details do you have on it, pics or links. it can tow a wakeboard, not great though due to lack of weight, the engines in these are basically an outboard made to work as an inboard w/ a jetdrive instead of a lower unit w/ a prop

nate_1503

Cadet
Re: Son's first purchase

yeah its a small boat about 15' from the few i have seen, got one at the shop now, its a mercruiser jet drive boat all the ones I have worked on have been, sea rayder was an attempt by sea ray to get into the smaller sport boat class and never really made it, i was suggesting the jet ski in the wake edition due to overall fun to be had lol... i'm just not a fan of the sea rayder, you have a quarter turn on the steering wheel to full left a quarter to straight and a quarter to full right making it easy to flip in my opinion i have never pushed one to try but not a fan of that... the mercruiser's are all carbs that i have seen in this line of boats, the boat looks in great shape a lot better than the 96 model i have at work right now. look up the nada value on it and see what they say its worth then take a few hundred off. check the cables, it has a reverse and a steering cables make sure they are in good shape and move freely as they are around a hundred bucks a piece normally.