1999 xl1200 carb question

nation99

Cadet
My waverunner is running on 2 cylinders. The non-firing cylinder is getting spark and has good compression. Leads me to believe that the problem is in the fuel delivery system.

I have no mechanical experience with these machines. Any suggestions on where to begin looking for the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

nate_1503

Cadet
Re: 1999 xl1200 carb question

how do you know its only running on 2? did you run it in the water (not on a hose) and check heat on the cyl and heads? odds are its a clogged fuel filter in the carb for that cyl. if you know nothing about mechanics or ski's in general i would take it to somebody. if you want to attempt to tackle it and can provide current pics i can walk you through the process of checking the filters. also which cyl isn't running?

nation99

Cadet
Re: 1999 xl1200 carb question

Nate_1503

I know it's not firing due to the appearance of the spark plug. Yes, it is in the water and the performance is of course very poor. I do have mechanical abilities and experience, just not with PWCs. I just recently downloaded a service manual of sorts for this PWC and found that each cylinder has its own carb (which I had suspected). I'll look first for a fuel filter that is dedicated to that carb. I know that there is a fuel filter and I assumed that it serviced all the carbs. It is the forward most cylinder (#1?)that is not firing.

If it is easier to communicate directly and you have no objection s, my email is dorth@new.rr.com

Thanks again, Dave

I appreciate your input and offer to help me further.