Sport jet 90-no fuel

Josh122593

Cadet
Im having a problem with my bayliner jazz
Its not getting fuel.I think it doesn't have an electric fuel pump it has a mechanical on the side of the block I think.I unhooked the fuel line going to the carve and no gas comes through.I can suck on the main fuel line and get gas to come out of the line but when I hook it up to the motor it wont suck any gas in.Could a tear in my intake gasket cause this?If not what could be causing this?

calledinsick

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Sport jet 90-no fuel

Should be mechanical fuel pump on the side of the block. The diaphragm tends to stretch/rip with age. Usually it results in pulsing fuel. Complete lack of fuel may be something different. You should not have any problems finding a rebuild kit/replacement. I don't see the year so you would be best to verify the part number for the diaphragm. My best GUESS is to Google: mercury F438747 or better yet ask your local dealer for a rebuild kit for the year/model of your engine.

Josh122593

Cadet

I have an extra motor that's in parts.what exactly does the digaphram look like?The boat got to where it would die if you went near wide open throttle so im thinking that was fuel related the part finally just gave out.

emoney

Commander

It's in this thread's two pics.
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=479273
It's to towards the center in the lower half and has a stainless steel, "flat head" screw right in the center of it. The stainless screws are a little hard to tell they're stainless in these pics but follow the fuel line to the engine and you'll see them. That's your fuel pump and the diaphram will be inside that (this much I know, lol)