Running ski out of water question

ashskyler

Cadet
I recently got a standup ski to fix up and use while we have our boat on the lake also.
I dont have the hose hookup to run the ski out of water, my question is, if i take a hose and shoot water into the impellor, will that work since thats basically the same thing that it doesin the water?

Thanks in advance

dannyual767

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Running ski out of water question

No! That will not work!

Get the correct hose hookup or make your own to plumb into the water intake line line.

ajaxcycle

Cadet

Don't do it! I agree with dannyual767 and I am Yamaha watercraft Certified. # 1 rule for all PWCs, engine on then water on - water off then engine off! If you run water through without the engine running you will back fill the engine with water through the exhaust. It is the opposite of an outboard.

carbineone

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes they are right always have the motor running before the water is on,very important..I just made a little hose with stuff from the hardware store to use on our Seadoo..Only costs a few dollars to make up..

ashskyler

Cadet

Does anyone have a pic of the water intake? Not sure where it is.

ryanerb

Cadet

what model ski do you have?
look for a backflush kit on a pwc website that sells parts for your specific model.

on my standup jetski, i actually just backflush it, meaning i put the nozzle in the pisser and flush it that way.

ashskyler

Cadet

what model ski do you have?
look for a backflush kit on a pwc website that sells parts for your specific model.

on my standup jetski, i actually just backflush it, meaning i put the nozzle in the pisser and flush it that way.

Its a 88 kawasaki js440

I also need a carb. Anyone selling one for cheap or know soeone who is?

SXIPro

Cadet

You may want to visit a site with a lot more PWC folks on it. Try PWCToday.com and go to the Vintage section or the Want To Buy section.