Top Speed and maybe "Cavitating" Problem? 1993 Sea Rayder

Tubbz

Recruit
Hello

After reading many forums here and few other sites i seem to be having problems i thought was normal but apparantly not. I bought a 1993 sea rayder a month ago and seems the boat runs great engine wise but the best top speed ive gotten on smooth calm morning (Glass) was 31 mph and when i start to accelerate i have to work the throttle or my engine will rev and i will lose accelration . I have had it when i throttle up it wouldnt get on plane but engine would be revving at about 4500 - 5500 rpm's ( Guess). After about 30 minutes of running when i turn to left 5 degrees boat turns beautiful but if i turn right 5 degrees it loses speed and seems like im losing thrust but engine still at same rpm's . This is my first jet boat but after reading here i think what my boat is doing isnt normal . Please help me all

Any ideas where i should start looking for the problem?
Any ideas for top speed with half tank fuel and 600lbs riders + Gear?

Go easy im a noob here

Thanks
Tubbz

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: Top Speed and maybe "Cavitating" Problem? 1993 Sea Rayder

Just guessing but I'd say you have the 90 and not the 120. First make sure the ride plate is flat and not bent down some. If everything looks OK there, you probably need a new impeller and wear ring. Still available thru Mercury dealers. Top speed for a SeaRader 90 is in the mid 30's, whereas the 120 will see in the 40's.