Yammy needs help now what

gustafsonerik

Petty Officer 1st Class
93 yamaha 650 it sat two years i bought it put a new starter on it and ran it.. While running about a hour the overheat system kicked in..I shut it down cleared the shaft and ran it..30 minutes later it happened again this time it wouldn't start after i cleared the shaft..I thought i fried it..I took it home and this is what i found/.. compression is good 150 and 149..One spark plug was soaked with oil and the other looked like it had lithiium grease on it..I did find out that the gas i used had 50:1 oil in it..that plus the oil injection would that do that??? what should i do now..Should i change the fuel pump diaphram??? back flush it??clean the carb what's next PLEASE ANYONE"S ADVICE IS GOOD thanks Erik

boatmonkey82

Cadet
Re: Yammy needs help now what

how did you clean the system ? if you turned it over or tipped it , water could have got into the motor from the exhaust side . pull your plugs and spin the motor over and see if any thing splashes out . if so then keep turning it with the choke on and full throttle to help clear some water out , i think she will live again , after all its yammy not a c-doo

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Yammy needs help now what

the milky residue is water , but I sure hope you cleaned out all the old fuel after sitting for 2 years, especially with pre mix in the tank.