gp1300r

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gp1300r

does anyone know where I can buy a factory cover for towing?

I never tow a PWC with a cover on. Even the factory ones are not a tight enough fit for towing, they are made for storage. There is nothing incorporated in these covers to tighten them.

Comment

You can get them online in many places. The OEM ones are designed for towing with their vacuhold technology and literally suck themselves tight to the ski. But be warned. Many have said that towing with the factory cover will damage the finish of the ski. I had one for my very similar GP800r. It was fine and never marked the hull. I now have one for my FXHO and it isn’t fine at all. Towing it only 3 miles scuffed the finish. Just a thought. It’s literallt one of the hottest topics discussed on forums. It’s a 50/50 split on whether to do it or not.

Comment

All my skis to date have come with OEM covers, marked by the factory with the dealer's name. All have had a stretch cord in the outside hem to help tighten it to the gunnel. They also have had a plastic "clip" at the beam to hold it firmly under the rubrail at the beam.

As stated, the vacuhold technology with the rear facing vents makes the covers a joy to trail. I would never even consider traveling with a brand new $16,000 machine without a cover.

My 2015 FXHO factory cover is the best cover I ever had. No issues.

To answer your question, contact the dealer. He should be able top order one, or may have a NOS in the back room.
        2019 SeaRay SPX 190 OB & Mercury 150 4-Stroke & Merc 5.0 Kicker
        2017 Boston Whaler 150 Montauk & Mercury 60 ELPT Command Thrust & Merc 3.5 Kicker
        2015 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
        1964 Sea Nymph 14R & 1970 Evinrude Sportwin 9.5
        1960 Mulray 100 Dinghy, equipped with Beaver Oars
        1952 Lyman 15' Mid Steer & Evinrude Big Twin 25
        69 Outboards: 1919-2019, representing 11 manufacturers
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Member ACBS, LBOA, AOMCI

Comment

I will admit in my previous comment, I have never owned new skis with brand new covers, only worn covers that there is no way I would put them on to tow, I would take my chances. Being a 1300r, you are looking at a minimum of 11 years old since they stopped making them in 2008. The cheapest one with vacuhold tech that I have seen is $180 shipped.

The OEM Part number is MWV-UNIGP-00-16

Comment

Originally posted by wahlejim View Post
            I will admit in my previous comment, I have never owned new skis with brand new covers, only worn covers that there is no way I would put them on to tow, I would take my chances. Being a 1300r, you are looking at a minimum of 11 years old since they stopped making them in 2008. The cheapest one with vacuhold tech that I have seen is $180 shipped.

The OEM Part number is MWV-UNIGP-00-16
            They’ve been designed to tow with since at least 2002. My gp800r came with this originally in 2002.

Comment

Nah, older than that. Our 1995 SeaDoo came with a vacuhold cover.

Amazon has one for just about every 'ski. $129.
              2019 SeaRay SPX 190 OB & Mercury 150 4-Stroke & Merc 5.0 Kicker
              2017 Boston Whaler 150 Montauk & Mercury 60 ELPT Command Thrust & Merc 3.5 Kicker
              2015 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
              1964 Sea Nymph 14R & 1970 Evinrude Sportwin 9.5
              1960 Mulray 100 Dinghy, equipped with Beaver Oars
              1952 Lyman 15' Mid Steer & Evinrude Big Twin 25
              69 Outboards: 1919-2019, representing 11 manufacturers
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Member ACBS, LBOA, AOMCI

Comment

Working...
              X