Raker vs Raker

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Raker vs Raker

You're right guys -- the nosecone has to be put on straight. Bob's Machine has a jig to make sure. When we did them ourselves we got it on straight and then tac welded it in place. Then spent days filling & sanding. Found out it was easier to let Bob's do it. Naturally it's a different story from Norway. Bob's is about an hour's drive from my house.

At 65 mph, and looking for more, you're at a good place to think about one. Any slower and you'll scrub off some speed but - depending on which case you have - blowout speed is in the low 70's or so. The cone will push it well over that. I've run in the low to mid 80's with a V4 & Bob's nosecone without a hint of blowout.

Gammabusa

Seaman

Ron, I am OK, had a wild ride on sunday but been busy at work.

I ordered a bobs cone on friday, its on its way they say8)

I will try to get it on myself, must try hard to get it straight.

My boat is wildest with the 24 raker, feels smoother with the 22 Raker but forgot the GPS so dont know the speed with the 22.

Only thing I know for sure is that with the 24 I manage to hold it at 6000rpm, at 6200 it get to wild and I have to back out, hoping new steering will help, prett good aceleration from 6000 to 6200 so I belive a couple of hundreds more is in the engine if I dare???

I am allso thinking of adding some sort of bad during the winter, but dont know exactly how to yet.? hmmmm

Thanks again guys,

Ronny

Per

Cadet

Hi everybody,
Been following this thread for a while and I must say that it seems like you are having a real good time with that boat!
Funny that you should mention the wild character of the 13 1/2x24" Raker compared to the 22"
I recently bought a 22" since my 24" was a little to hard to turn for my engine.
I would say the difference was like night and day the 22" is just so much easier to drive.
I have a Smiler 500 with a Johnson 70 hp -91, I'm at 49 MPH with two people in the boat (22" Raker).
If I ride by my self the is almost undriveable over 40 with the 24" Raker.

Is the 24" known to be more unforgiving than the 22"?

Per

walleyehed

Admiral

The older, 24P Raker is known to be a very good performer in that series....the best, infact.
My 22 has less lift than my 24. The 24 was just a very good design over-all in the Raker series.

Gammabusa

Seaman

Since I started this I just want to end it, I sold the boat and now am looking for a new little boat for my 140 Cross Flow.

This boat was to scary to drive and since it was rated max 35hp, 140hp got abit overkill.

Thank for all info/support

Ronny

Ron G

Commander

Find ya with a pad!!let us know what the next project is going to be!

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Hydrostream, Hydrostream, Hydrostream. Or an older 15' / 16' Allison.

Too bad you don't live closer. A buddy has a 16' Allison with a modified V4 looper he wants to sell. 15" midsection, ported, balanced and my flex flywheel, Evolution Marine intake. And he has an X front half so you could run 4, 2 barrel carbs.

Gammabusa

Seaman

Hi Ron,
nice to hear from you again, no pad this time either, I think it will be a norvegian boat called Gromling 450, 15 feet, same designer as the Musling I had but rated at 90 hp instead of 35.

Dale,
not any Hydrosteam or Allison over here I think, just for fun, what do you think that 16' Allison with everything would cost? Sure is a nice drive, do you know what top speed?

Ronny

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I think he was wanting about 6000 for it. Not bad considering all the work he has in the motor. I believe he was running in the mid 70's before he cut the mid section. It should be close to 80. That's all 1/4 mile speeds. No telling what it'll run top end.