Rooster Tails

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Not sure why some are busting the OP. He has a "go fast" boat with a large V8.

My guess the OP was an internet troll as his last activity was his/her one and only post in this thread.

saying "go fast" and "large V8" is a matter of perspective and perception without any details, its just speculation. so yeah, until the OP comes back, I say....... open season with quibs

Last edited by a moderator:

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
My guess the OP was an internet troll as his last activity was his/her one and only post in this thread.

saying "go fast" and "large V8" is a matter of perspective and perception without any details, its just speculation. so yeah, until the OP comes back, I say....... open season with quibs

Agree...if not just for the “cigar boat” comment. Heard of a banana boat

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Agree...if not just for the “cigar boat” comment. Heard of a banana boat

I've heard of Banana Republics

IMHO, a 26 ft boat is gonna need 2 Big Blocks to go fast. To me a BB is a 454, but I know there are bigger and more Modern Engines these days.

Speed cost Money. The Romans were the First to learn that, when they hooked a second Horse to their Chariots

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Then they doubled up on that.

Kinda like Tommy Ivo's 4 engined dragster.

tvtommy.png

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
In my pre-teen years I outgrew this kind of nonsense after using a clothes pin and a couple of playing cards to make my Schwinn Roadmaster sound like a motorcycle. :D

Don't get the big head like you coined the phrase......😋 We did it too but were too poor to have Schwinns, or mud flaps or even fenders to put them on, or bells, or OOGA horns,or pedals with both rubbers intact, or non-cracked tires, or kickstands, or or or 😂 It was Monkey Wards, or Sears, or Western Auto if you were lucky.

I tell you what we did do: Played Rodeo with a ¼" Manila Rope.....ever been lasso'd with such around your neck while riding your bike......and pulled off....🤕 That's the same bikes we rode through the DDT spraying war surplus Jeeps that came through the neighborhood during the summer...great sport playing hide and go seek in the fog.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Tex - In my youth, my Schwinn would have been considered an antique being a pre-war model. And all the parts were rusty and a can of Rustoleum only changed the color of the rust bumps. LOL

Never could get the electric horn to work. :grumpy:

Some of my friends had those English bike with skinny tires and handle bar brake handles. And a 3 speed transmission! They beat me up hills, but on the way down I passed them with my Harley sound at max volume - Until the clothes pin broke. :eek: