Parts for pontoon railings.

coffeediver

Cadet
I have a 1980 18' Kayot pontoon boat that I have been replacing the wiring, deck boards and carpet on. This boat had a swim deck up front with swim rails. The old ones were not holding well and kind of tore up.

I am having difficulties finding the mounting hardware for the swim rail online. They are one inch square rubber pieces the railing fits on and the bolt when tightened will hold it snug.

Anyone have any clues where I can find these.

Barry

ahicks

Captain
I'm struggling for a clue imagining what you're talking about. Any chance of a picture?

coffeediver

Cadet
I will have to get one and take a picture. Sorry, it's clear in my head but fuzzy in description.

Barry

coffeediver

Cadet
Here is a piece of the swim rail and the connector.

clip_image001.jpg
clip_image001.jpg
clip_image001.jpg
clip_image001.jpg
clip_image001.jpg

Attachments

• photo330286.jpg
    photo330286.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo330287.jpg
    photo330287.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I believe you are looking for a square expansion plug. It should fit snugly inside the square tube until you tighten the bolt causing it to expand outward. I don't know how common they are in square, but Google should help.

P.S. If you can't find an exact replacement, you might make your own by cutting a piece of medium-hard rubber to size, drill a hole in the center for the bolt, and see if it expands enough under tension to hold. mcmaster has rubber in various sizes and compounds.

Last edited:

ahicks

Captain
Here's an idea....
Stick an appropriately sized eye bolt eye first into the tubing, then use a horizontal bolt through the eye to secure it. It means drilling a hole through the tubing, but I doubt seriously that the rail would ever pull loose again.

Cat nip

Petty Officer 1st Class
Great idea ahicks!! I wish i would have thought of that instead of spending $50 on a used pair. But at least now i know how to mount the old ones on something now👍