SunChaser 2013 818 Oasis Fish Seating Configuration

PontoonLife

Cadet
Hello,

We just purchased a 2013 SunChaser 818 Oasis Fish pontoon boat. We will primarily be using this boat for cruising rather than fishing and would like to change the seating if possible.

Does anyone know if you can remove the front two swivel seats on the fish model and replace them with bench seats like the cruise model has?

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo321868.jpg
    photo321868.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo321869.jpg
    photo321869.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 0

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you can do anything you want, its your boat.

a friend of mine removed all the seating. when we go fishing, there are no seats. when we go cruising, we use folding lawn chairs. when we stand in the front to hit golf balls off the front, nothing to hit with the back swing.

ahicks

Captain
A little concern here, would be regarding the additional weight. The seats themselves, as well as the fact seating capacity would be doubled. On an 18' boat, that has my attention. No big deal if these seats were used mostly by kids. Adults, especially big adults, might be a concern. Worst case, you don't want a boat this size riding in chop with it's nose just out of the water. You'll be one big wave (or wake) away from it stuffing it's nose underwater. Nothing real dangerous for me, as I see a 'toon as a big beach toy - unsinkable. Others though (like non swimmers for example), can have the beegeesus scared out of them if something like that were to happen!

The longer boats (22-24') would be far less likely to be affected the way an 18' might be.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
My suggestion is to leave the swivel seats. Why -- for the weight up front reason just outlined. Install a couple of cup holders near the seats and go boating. Not everyone likes to ride sideways so the swivel seats allow them 360 degree viewing if they wish. Change them to seats with arm rests or captains chairs if form comfort and "feel good" is what you are after. I had a similar boat set up for fishing so it had a swivel seat in each corner and nice circular couch in the middle. Worked great for fishing and cruising. You do not want excess weight up front on any pontoon. But it is more critical on the shorter ones.