How to Safely Jack Up Pontoon on Blocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Safely Jack Up Pontoon on Blocks

I store my pontoon boat in the yard over the winter. I had the marina pull my boat out of the water and place it on blocks in the yard. I wasn't there when it was delivered and although the block are all even with one another, the land is sloped leaving the port side of the boat a good 3-5" lower than the starboard side.

I was wondering if there was a safe way for me to jack up the port side pontoon to slide in more blocks to level it out.

Having it slightly off level like that is going to help it drain quickly. I can't think of an advantage to leveling it.

If you insist on lifting it, I would spread the weight of each corner across 2 cross members then lift. I've done that a couple of times, shade tree style, with a floor jack and a couple of 2x4's.

Comment

Seems more than slightly off level to me, but if it doesn't hurt to have one pontoon supporting more weight than the other I guess I'll just leave it.

Comment

Keep in mind you dont need to jack the tires off the ground.... I'd start with the low side, blocks and shim it till u get about 1/2 the weight off the wheels, then other side.... that's what I'm doing... my storage sight is nearly level tho
        "Na ise kalyteros anthropos apo ton patera sou"

(greek= Be a better man than your father)....

Comment

Working...
        X