Old style Zodiac oar locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

strokersquid

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lost the oar in my friend's old West Marine rib. It uses a Zodiac oar lock, but the old kind. I can get the new style one ( about $60) but besides the expense I would have to undo the braiding to put in the new stlye lock. I have not the slightest how to do this. Anybody know who may have some of these obselete parts for this boat ?

strokersquid

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Old style Zodiac oar locks

too bad I was just there today and didn' t think to take one. I'll ask him to email me one.

bioman

Seaman Apprentice

I've go an old style Zodiac ZOom, I think takes the oarlocks with a half flat half of the lower pin.

Like the previous, I'm not so interested in spending $60 to replace the oarlocks and all if I can find or manufacture the old-style oarlocks. If I can't find 'em, anyone share a close up picture or measurements of the old style and ideas how to manufacture?

Thanks!
Biomna

strokersquid

Petty Officer 3rd Class

boy i would still like to know as well. i offered to get the new ones but that would entail having to rebraid the old ones as well which i have no idea how to do

cledus

Cadet

Depending upon which style oarlock it is there is a good possibility it has been replaced and may no longer be available. Zodiac has changed styles of oarlocks many times. One of the more recent styles does require installing what they call an upgrade kit. Defender sells the kits on their website and can probably assist with directions for changing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.