US/Canadian Border ?

canada_bob

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone live close to the US/Canadian border on the US side of it that is, in either Maine, New York or Michigan ?

canada_bob

Seaman Apprentice
Re: US/Canadian Border ?

Hi Jimbo...

Check out the problem I have re the Bravo pump that I've had to send back to Wisconsin, that was bad enough to see the pump arrive here in Nova Scotia is in bad shape, but the Brokerage fees to ship it back and then bring in a replacement is freaking me out, not to mention having to pay what may now be 3 lots of UPS International shipping costs. All in all the shipping, broker fee's, import duties, taxes and whatever else they can throw at me will have cost me near $250 on a pump that's retailing for $159 in the US :mad:

After speaking with Waypoint Enterprises in Wisconsin they say that if I ship the pump back to them {at my cost} they will ship a replacement pump free of charge to any address in the US, they must get a break from UPS on rates to address's within the US.

The thing is, I'll be taking a trip to Southern Ontario within easy driving distance of Buffalo or Detroit or even Maine on my way down, so I'm hoping that someone would be kind enough to let me ship the pump to them on your side of the border and I'll pick it up during my road trip from them.

That's the plan anyway...

canada_bob

Seaman Apprentice

Sorted now, I got a couple of PM's the closest one from a guy in Maine who lives just 20 minutes from Calais so I'll nip across when it arrives and pick it up from him, saves me having to pay the duty, taxes & brokerage fees again :mad:

Thanks for the offers to the other guys, appreciated.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sorry you had to learn this lesson the hard way but NEVER EVER let a seller ship UPS or FedEx from USA to CANADA. Both of those companies just rape on their import "brokerage" fees. Only allow your item to be shipped by USPS/Canada Post. You will still pay tax, but not their pure profit brokerage fees. Most of the time I have my USA parcels shipped to a parcel service south of the border and pick up from them. I live close enough to the border so it saves me a bundle.