Sevylor Floorboard???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleepga

Recruit
I have the fish hunter 360 (12 foot) and was thinking of adding the factory floorboard. Does anyone have one and how effective is it? Does it really allow you to stand up in the boat? Would I be able to put a little stool in the boat with the floorboard? I was thinking of trying to make one, but to be honest I don't have much extra time and the extra time I do have I like to get out on the water. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

ceceblue

Recruit
Re: Sevylor Floorboard???

Just got one for my HF360 - it works great and yes u can stand up. Well worth the $115 I paid for it on Amazon which had the best price. I havent tried putting a stool in it but that might be a good idea.

dobbs571

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a FH360 too do you have the size for it dont want to pay that much when I have two sheet of marine plywood. that I can cut one from.Just dont want to mess up a sheet .

dobbs571

Petty Officer 3rd Class

One other thing is do you air it part way up then install the floor. and finsh airing the floor up all the way. And dose it move around a lot

riceboi

Recruit

check sportman warehouse i got my there for $69, worth the money on long run.

dobbs571

Petty Officer 3rd Class

sent sportmans an email aweek ago to get price there no o line cat and there no out let in Missouri.

dobbs571

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I am going to make my own .how thick are the factory floors? I got a tempet a guy sent me was going to ask him but he on vacation for a mo hate to wait that long

jw2ministry

Recruit

can someone plz give me dimension for wood floor on fish hunter 12ft ?

rkoerner

Recruit

All you need to do is fully inflate the boat and then take measurements every two inches. That is how I made my floorboards.

cougarjim

Cadet

I am going to build a floorboard for my HF360. What I would like to know, has anyone tried to make the floorboard in one piece, full length of the boat floor? How hard would it be to get it in place?

Thanks, Jim

chirkowatson

Cadet

Then there is Super Caravelles and Fish Hunters. While they don't state it, they are closer to the 30 gauge materials found on better Intex boats. They carry some Intex boats, but all models are sold out at this time, probably for the season. They are more money, and if you do damage the boat, you probably still can reuse the boot, just replace the boat, which makes for a good value.

dobbs571

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just built my floor made it one pc of 5/8 plywood 1/2 would have worked but fig a little thicker wouldnt hurt.Had a gt of paint mixed up the same color as the green of the raft at Ace hardware. i had a pattern of the factory floor just layed the out and cut around then its 29 1/2 in wide and 73 1/2 in long at the sloped end , sanded it real ghood seem to fit ok havent tryed it on the water yet.

bw21157

Banned

how did you get a pattern of the factory floor? I'd love to get that~!

I just built my floor made it one pc of 5/8 plywood 1/2 would have worked but fig a little thicker wouldnt hurt.Had a gt of paint mixed up the same color as the green of the raft at Ace hardware. i had a pattern of the factory floor just layed the out and cut around then its 29 1/2 in wide and 73 1/2 in long at the sloped end , sanded it real ghood seem to fit ok havent tryed it on the water yet.

dobbs571

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i got the teplate from a on line friend made the floor from 5/8 plywood tryed it on a 7 mile float down the Maramec last week work fine . 1/2 in would work just as fine I made a rear and front seat for mine too . The rear because I have a 46# trolling motor I use and the seat covers the battery I put in a cigg lighter and a fold down cup holder in the front of the seat .some picks I have of it and the battery box i also built,

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 10

snappman

Cadet

QUOTE=chirkowatson;2652784]Then there is Super Caravelles and Fish Hunters. While they don't state it, they are closer to the 30 gauge materials found on better Intex boats. They carry some Intex boats, but all models are sold out at this time, probably for the season. They are more money, and if you do damage the boat, you probably still can reuse the boot, just replace the boat, which makes for a good value.[/QUOTE]

SORRY DUDE!! WRONG PERSON!! ALL APPOLOGIES, IM A NEWBIE :D

about your floors deminsions, dont know the no's but heres an idea that may work for you. I have the 9' FH and i got a roll of see through paper, turned my boat upside down and traced the floor section all the way around and used it as a template. I transferred that to my wood. I just cut a little on the inside of the template line about an 1 1/2" or so and it fit just fine. that may hold fine, but for added protection and support i put 1/2" foam pipe insulation around the whole edge and 2" pvc pipe in the voids where the inflatable floor ends and the side walls start for extra stability. I am also going to carpet the whole thing for looks and such, possible bolting a seat post w a seat in the rear for comfort. May just put the stool in though. Hope this helps you out. oh and im only using usb ply for right now with a coat or two of pollyuerthene for added prot. cost so far is about $25. I already have a seat and polly tho.

Last edited:

snappman

Cadet

can someone plz give me dimension for wood floor on fish hunter 12ft ?

about your floors deminsions, dont know the no's but heres an idea that may work for you. I have the 9' FH and i got a roll of see through paper, turned my boat upside down and traced the floor section all the way around and used it as a template. I transferred that to my wood. I just cut a little on the inside of the template line about an 1 1/2" or so and it fit just fine. that may hold fine, but for added protection and support i put 1/2" foam pipe insulation around the whole edge and 2" pvc pipe in the voids where the inflatable floor ends and the side walls start for extra stability. I am also going to carpet the whole thing for looks and such, possible bolting a seat post w a seat in the rear for comfort. May just put the stool in though. Hope this helps you out. oh and im only using usb ply for right now with a coat or two of pollyuerthene for added prot. cost so far is about $25. I already have a seat and polly tho.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

afu_15

Recruit

guys, can you tell me how to make the floor board for sevylor 12ft...
because no discussion specify the dimension and how to make it...
i'm really a newbie.. please help...

sks762

Recruit

Here's how I did mine:

took the pictures below and used them as guides.

1) used the 1st picture as the contour pattern. made two copies and inverted the second one, so when they were in the boat, it looked like the contour in the second picture

2) using the 2nd picture as a guide, I measured and laid out the contours on a piece of plywood. I used 3/8" plywood for mine.

the other pictures attached are from my finished boat. the big box in the back is where my battery will go and serves as a base for my seat. the milk crate in the front has a swivel mount and a lid for storage.

like my wife said last night: "the camouflage cover really takes it to a new level of redneck" :)

the boat doesn't really weigh that much more, but it is a lot more rigid. with everything pictured in the boat, I lifted it up by the front handle and didn't notice any sag.

Attachments

• contour.JPG
    contour.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 8
  • SLRFB.jpg
    SLRFB.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 2010-08-31_10_02_30.jpg
    2010-08-31_10_02_30.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 2010-08-31_10_02_43.jpg
    2010-08-31_10_02_43.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 8
  • 2010-08-31_10_03_02.jpg
    2010-08-31_10_03_02.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 10

sks762

Recruit

one more pic

Attachments

• 2010-08-31_10_03_49.jpg
    2010-08-31_10_03_49.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1

dobbs571

Petty Officer 3rd Class

here is a pic of the floor if any info is needed let me know .I would use 1/2 plywood I used 5/8 . And painted it the same color as the raft Ace hardware can mix it for you a qt was 12.00 take in the patch kit that comes with it or one fo the seats they have paint anslizer that looks at a pc and matches the color.

Attachments

• floor for FH369.jpg
    floor for FH369.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.