Inflatable Boat Floor Repair idea

Jmf0003

Recruit
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and I had an idea that I wanted some opinion on. I currently have an Intex Mariner 4 that has a rough life because the "launch sites" I use are full of concrete and rocks so my floor has several leaks and had busted my air chambers a couple of times. I had the idea of buying a ton of aquaseal (I figure 2 8oz containers should be enough) and putting that on the bottom of the boat. Has anyone ever tried this? The only thing I am worried about is peeling and still having the boat be flexible so I can put it away.

Let me know if you guys have any recommendations.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

It's about time to get rid of that flimsy cheapo boat an order a new traditional inflatable dinghy with an air deck if like assembling/disassembling it constantly.. Will enjoy it a ton more..

Happy Boating

Sea Eagle Mark

Seaman Apprentice
Hey there, welcome aboard,
Well, as Sea Rider has already noted, it sounds like you've gotten a lot of use out of it already. I know the Mariner 4 is on the inexpensive side of most inflatables. My suggestion is grab another for the price if you're happy with it or consider upgrading to something a little more durable. Either way you're still getting out on the water for a low cost. Mark

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Those cheapo dinghys are the entry level for boating. If you alredy have one move to the next middle segment which is the one between the cheap and the pro ones. Are bult with at least 0.5 mm supported PVC fabric, that's half the thickness of the pro standard ones which are 0.9 mm fabrics.

Are around 600 bucks, check Solstice, Hydroforce type dinghys. The difference between both is that the cheapo is made with unsuppported thin shower curtin fabric, overall fabric is welded with an ungly protruding stich, inflatable floor is very unstable, lacks a built in transom, a must have if plan using a small portable motor to have more fun than just paddling.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Solstice-Dinghy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	10717588
It's proper time to increase your boating fun at low cost..

Happy Boating