emerald island boat ramp

agallant80

Commander
Anyone ever use the emerald island NC Wildlife boat ramp? If so how is it? I went to the Sneads Ferry ramp a few weekends ago and it was a disaster, low tide drifted in to a marker, got the chain wrapped in the prop, ran agound more times then I can remember etc. I want to know if the emerald island ramp is as hard to navigate until you are in the channel (ICW)

agallant80

Commander
Re: emerald island boat ramp

Well I got no responce on this and I went down tehre last weekend so I figured I would follow up incase someone in the future was thinking of this ramp. Its great, there are 111 parcking spaces for trailers. The ramp is new with nice bumpers. The channel out to the ICW is not very wide but it is very well marked. Make sure you pay attention. I missed a marker and hit sand. No big deal. I would not try this at night but during the day it was pretty easy.

Jolie Lynn

Seaman

Hi all,
I must agree to his follow up. We too had a very bad experience at the marina behind CVS (not sure thats Sneads Ferry) . We were in an older Bayliner 19 footer and had no problems. We vacation there yearly and enjoy the waterway even more now knowing we have a nice ramp to come and go. We have not tried our now larger boat but I see his post was in a 25 footer without major problems.

agallant80

Commander

Just as a side note the tide there is no where as bad as Sneeds Ferry but I ran aground a few times in the channel on the way back, It was really soft but still go slow and pay attention at Emeral Isle.