Lewes and Rehoboth Canal

mciaio

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am renting a house in North Shores this summer. It has a dock on the canal. I wanted to bring my 23 foot I/O with me and leave it at the dock for the week. I have a couple of questions. What is the current condition of the canal? Are there any low spots I should be concerned with? How long will it take me from North Shores/Cape Henelopen to Lewes Inlet or south to Rehoboth Bay? What about once down in Rehoboth Bay? The chart seems to show the bay being pretty much OK for water skiing tubing; anything I should be concerned about here?

Thanks.

mciaio

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Lewes and Rehoboth Canal

Wow, really... no one knows about this canal?

Jillybean

Seaman Apprentice

Sorry can't help you out with any info but I was just at Dewey Beach yesterday and had a great time. Canals looked nice. We are thinking about doing exactly what you have planned so I'll be checking back to see what advice/comments you get.

mciaio

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah, I am just wondering about the canal. Seems that it isn't dredged anymore and the way it sounds it is in bad shape. I was just looking for some input on it. Oh well, I'll just have to go and see for myself. I'll make sure I bring my spare prop with me!