Role Call for Southern New England

pduquette

Ensign
Re: Role Call for Southern New England

Maybe some of the N.E. people slip under the radar because they don't fill in their location in their header......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by pduquette : February 21st, 2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: add note of irony

HHMMMMMMMM!!! lol peter

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

I'm a Southern NE person, just been busy with work and life lately. Started back and the boat and as soon as its in the water, I am always down for an event. I drive all over the Northeast just to race my car, so doing a boat trip would be fine for me.

Some of the smaller lakes I'm unsure on, as my boat isn't the most trailer friendly one, but the CT River/LI Sound meets peak my interest.

BTW I have been on the sound in an 18 BR and it is "alright". When the chop picks up, it gets hairy. Put the bow under more than once just trying to make it home. I don't think I would attempt the race in a smaller boat!

capslock118

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm in New Haven; we usually sit just outside the breakers; or just inside if it's a bit wavy. Boat is in my sig.

DBVentura

Recruit

Hey Snow Slide, You must tow with an Avalanche !!!!!

Dave aka duneit- cafcna

6meter

Chief Petty Officer

I think the larger numbers in N.E. don't boat in the southern part. Most are in the Lakes Region of NH. Winnipesaukee, Winnisquam, Squam, Newfound Lake and alot of other puddles. I've been in Winnipesaukee for 45 years.

loafer

Recruit

Lots of great boating in Maine!

We run a 16" Starcraft, Johnson 50, and a 14' Starcraft with an 18 Evinrude. Mostly lakes and some sheltered coastal.

I grew up on the coast, so have spent a lot of time sailing the Maine coast. My wife and I have stuck mostly to power boats and inland waters. I hope to get back into sailing someday though.