Riverbend Concerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanabeBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Has anyone ever set anchor behind Riverbend Music Center during a concert? Can you hear anything?

Corona Captain

Recruit
Re: Riverbend Concerts

I personally have not as I am new to boating. But the veteran boaters I hook up with have. We are planning on rafting-up for the Jimmy Buffet concert on Aug 6th. Other than that I have no info on location or how well you can hear/see.

jaretjames

Cadet

I've done this plenty. The music sounds great and the atmosphere is nuts with all the boaters.........

Mr Crabbs

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hmmmm, going to have to mark some dates on the calendar! :D

jaretjames

Cadet

Riverbend has green buoys for the boats to stay between. Just anchor up and party away. FYI, if Buffet is in town, you'll want to get there early and get a spot, like 1:00PM. You can even anchor on the shore right behind the stage. I prefer to anchor a ways out so you can see everyone on the lawn that's attending the show...

Ohioriver

Seaman

Just be carefull how you "party" during concerts at Riverbend, policeboats, not coast guard patrol around thru the boats during the concerts and will check people out and write tickets.

Chuck08

Seaman Apprentice
Where is the best place to launch from? I would be coming from North of town. We've been to the Buffet concert before on a friends cuddy. They docked at Hooters in Newport, and after a drink and some food we went up the river to the area behind the stage. After the concert, they dropped us back off before they went to their ramp.

And, yes, be careful how much you party we got checked by KY DNR who had a County Sherriff on board. Luckily our operator stayed sober and his stepson, who's also law enforcement was on board. A couple of routine checks, some dept vs dept bantering and all was a good night.

In all, I recommend going, I will be, but be safe, smart and watch out for other boaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.