Do inflatable boat trim tabs work?

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner
Re: Do inflatable boat trim tabs work?

sorry for the double post

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Back to the original question.....<br /><br />Boatster, Smart tabs make an icredible difference to an inflatable, particularily a small one! I have a 10' 2" Zodiac with a 15hp Rude on it running a 10x11 Pirhana prop. Before the tabs were installed a holeshot was a sky searching, somewhat nervous experience! After installing the Smart Tabs, the bow rise was drasticly reduced, minimum planing speed was way down (10-12 mph), ride was noticbly smoother, and the craft was far more stable at speed (32mph GPS). The inflatable now takes about 1/3 the time to plane compared to before the tabs were installed. When I first got the tabs they were packaged with the wrong actuators (too strong), I called Nauticus directly on their toll free number and ended up with the correct actuators in my hands in less than 48 hours! Icredible, considering I live 500 miles north of the Canada/US border in British Columbia!!! I found the people at Nauticus to be great to deal with as far as customer and product support. I don't think I would ever have another inflatable with out putting them on it. Once you go through the initial adjustments they are completely hassle free and work flawlessly. I have run them for 2 seasons, without any issues as far as durability or failure, and my inflatable is in use an average of 30 hours/week for 4 months of the year and sporadicly for another month. Take the little bit of time to set them up to their best advantage and you'll never regret the investment!<br /><br />Hands down, they are the best investment/improvement that I have ever made on any of the boats I've owned!

richg99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just to make my opinion of Smart Tabs simple..<br /><br />I just ordered my second set of Smart Tabs for my other boat. I was a skeptic until I tried them! <br />RichG

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

If anyone wishes to read the booklet we published for "Understanding Boat Balance and Performance" go to our web site www.NauticusInc.com and look under "links". The principles apply to any planing hull in IMHO. Actualy the very first boat we installed Smart Tabs on was a 10' Zodiac with a 9.9hp Nissan.

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

A simple search of these forums will show that there are hundreds of people who are very happy with the improved performance of their boats due to the Nauticus Smart Tabs.