Windshield support length

caegert

Recruit
I have a 1997 Starcraft 1710 Bowrider and I need a new support bar on my windshield (really just the footing, but I'd like to buy an entire new bar), but I'm not sure which length to get, as I'm not sure how they're measured. I've read to measure from one footing to the other with them "flat" like this: |_________| which is what I did, but it didn't come out to exactly one of the available lengths.

I attached a picture so hopefully someone can tell me what which one of these to get. As I said, I measured with the feet horizontal: so here>|_________|<to here (with the tape starting on the flat of the foot; hopefully that makes sense).

Windshield Support Bars - iboats

Support Bar.jpg

Hopefully someone can get a decent guess from the picture, although I know it's not the greatest.

Thanks.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: Windshield support length

Scroll down the page in your link. It says to measure from ball joint to ball joint. Also, they're all Taylor Made. You can contact Taylor directly at (518) 773-0636.

Here's a link to their site

Taylor Made Systems: Support Bar Hardware

caegert

Recruit
Re: Windshield support length

Wow, I don't know how I didn't see that. Thanks for the reply. So it sounds like I'm essentially just measuring the metal rod itself without any plastic parts...