Javelin 409 fs help tach check then maybe replacement, then prop and motor adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfannin

Cadet
Hello everyone. First off ive never had to work on a boat but im pretty handy :) with that i have been google searching a lot and it seamed their are a lot of people with Javelins on this forum. so i thought i would ask for help after not being able to find the info i need by searching.

So i have a 1994 Javelin 409 FS with a Evinrude 200XP. When i first bought the boat it had a 5 inch HiJack plate on it and a Shooter 27pp. The tach was working i think. I truly cant remember what it read my RPMs at. The boat ran great but was topping out at 55mph per speedo and walking extremely bad. I dont have gps and the walking was beyond correcting at the wheel. After talking to my uncle that use to have the same boat back when it first came out, i removed the JP.
At 3 1/2" under the pad 27p shooter water pressure 25-30 but my RPMs read only 1500, WOT 45 MPH no walking going slower then crap and sucked out of the hole. So my uncle let me use his Renegade 25pp w/blowout ring, 3 1/2" under the pad, water pressure 25-30, WOT 50mph with Speedo, 2000 RPM, and walks really bad and fills like its on its nose unless i WAY over trim the boat. like way over trim 10-15' roost. If i dont WAY over trim the boat wont hit 45mph. When trying to take off it wants to blow out unless the trim is 100% down. never done this before.

I am trying to check im tach and i cant get to it or even see it from under the dash. So im trying to remove the dash to get to the tach. i took off the wheel and cant get the spacer that sits between the wheel and dash off. i removed the wheel nut, but that spacer thing wont slide off. any ideas?

once i get to the tach what or how do i check it?
where can i get a replacement? im not 100% on if i should be search for a Javenlin tach or for a Evinrude tack if you know what i mean...

Thanks >>>>>

Jfannin

Cadet
Re: Javelin 409 fs help tach check then maybe replacement, then prop and motor adjust

I was looking over the motor really close because I couldn't see their be any wires just not connect for the factory. What I think I may have figured out is the green wire runs down the motor to a ground bolt beside what Im pretty sure is the trim lever. I looked at the back of the trim gauge and their is no green wire though. Their is just 4 wires that are blue, black, purple, and white/black.*Another thing that might play into effect. It has a foot throttle and a steering wheel trim on itas never hooked up. Well if it was it wasn't keep that way for some reason. I always use the trim on the shifter. The one on the wheel was cut and isn't in use.

Konfused

Recruit
do you still have the boat? I have a 94 javelin 409t fs with a Johnson venom 225. I am having the same issue with my tach. also my fuel gauge and water pressure gauges aren't working. I haven't been able to find hardly any info about these boats. it looks like there are a lot of wires that the previous owner may have tied into or added. I'm trying to figure out what is what, and water ready before the spawn.

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Konfused. We ask that you don't post in a topic over 90 days old in the FORUM RULES.

You'll need a couple more posts, and then ask this question in a new topic. That'll give you more answers anyway. I'm gonna' close this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.