Bile pump replacment info Smokercraft 1500 commander

GOTTAFISH1701

Recruit
New to boating. I purchased a Smokercraft deck boat 1500 commander year 2000, I can hear the bilge running when I turn on the manual switch, but no water is coming out. I pumped it out with a manual pump I have to get the water out. Does anyone know if this model has a float switch? It is very difficult to even see the pump or anything else under there. How do you get to it to remove? Could the drain line have a mud clog or something? Any help is very much appreciated

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Bile pump replacment info Smokercraft 1500 commander

The bilge pump is just a little 12 volt motor with a small vaned impellar on the end of it's shaft. Sounds like yours is running, but it may be plugged up with dirt, trash, wet leaves, paper, whatever. It would be good to find the pump, remove it and install it someplace where you can at least get at it for cleaning or replacement. Maybe good idea to pull your boat out of the water, drain it with the drain plug, then get down in there to find that pump! good Luck!;)

GOTTAFISH1701

Recruit

:
The bilge pump is just a little 12 volt motor with a small vaned impellar on the end of it's shaft. Sounds like yours is running, but it may be plugged up with dirt, trash, wet leaves, paper, whatever. It would be good to find the pump, remove it and install it someplace where you can at least get at it for cleaning or replacement. Maybe good idea to pull your boat out of the water, drain it with the drain plug, then get down in there to find that pump! good Luck!;)

Update:I pulled the line where it goes into the bilge exit to clean out the line first and low and behold a dirtdobber had totally clogged up the exit. Pump is working great now. Alwasy check the simple things first.:)

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

For a second there I thought there was a new pump for sea sickness......