Looking for the best Boat Cover Support System!

beringersd

Seaman
Hello
Been looking around for a boat cover support system. Dont need anything fancy but dont want crap. I've read reviews on the same product to horrible to best thing ever.
I really appericate you people taking the time!
Thanks

canuckjgc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Looking for the best Boat Cover Support System!

What sort of boat? Made my own with sawhorse legs and 2X4's. Works fine.

gozierdt

Petty Officer 1st Class

How big a boat? In the water or out? Winter, Summer, Travel...what kind of cover. Waterproof or breathable? You've gotta give us
some information to work with.

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

I f your talking tarp support the best and most durable inexspensive solution I hve came up with is asingle pc, of mouring line lopped around my bow cleat and stretched back over the windshield back to my trailer ty down eyelets on the transom which are secured to 2 black bunge cords for tension this V configuration along the length of the boat supports my tarp very well.

aldena

Cadet

I did the rope from the bow to the stern, but it left a 'dent' in the padding over the transom. Worked great though. Now I us a microphone stand with the heavy round base in place of the snap on pole.

beringersd

Seaman

Hello
Sorry its a 1983 16 ft Lund Pike D. Looking for just covering between taking the boat out. I have canvas cover. Sorry for not telling you this in the orginal post.

beringersd

Seaman

Hello Gozierdt
I was looking at that one or something similair. I heard the black plastic plastic breaks pretty fast. Any other comments? Thanks again!

gozierdt

Petty Officer 1st Class

I haven't had any problems with mine, but I've only had it a year. The only black plastic is a couple of snaps
to allow you to tighten up the straps. Almost all of that hardware is hidden under the cover, so sunlight
won't affect it. It's worked well for me so far.

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

The PCV pipe method is pretty simple and the bows side to side prevent water from pooling. The ends not being completely sealed allows air movement so there is little or no mildew. It only takes about 5 minutes to put on so it's really simple and inexpensive.
P1010241.JPG P1010242.JPG P1010245.JPG

robert graham

Admiral

I've used poles, rods, all kinds of things, but a guy on here a while back mentioned he used 2 or 3 big car or truck innertubes inflated, set them in his boat, put on the tarp and good to go!...seems like a good, simple, inexpensive idea! Good Luck!

Stamey

Petty Officer 1st Class

The PCV pipe method is pretty simple and the bows side to side prevent water from pooling. The ends not being completely sealed allows air movement so there is little or no mildew. It only takes about 5 minutes to put on so it's really simple and inexpensive.

PiratePast40,
So how do you anchor the ends so they can't move? I have considered this design myself, but was unable to figure out a good way to anchor the ends, and without anchoring the ends the poles won't stay in place for any length of time.

Thanks,
Chris