67 shell lake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 shell lake

just bought this old shell lake boat and would like to know if anyone could tell me the model,its a 15ft ,1967 model with a 90hp v4 2cycle i/o omc/johnson. she's in really good shape for the age,it will be a fun winter project. I saw a shell lake la sabre in a craigs list ad that looked similar but not exactly the same.thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

Re: 67 shell lake

That thing is going to be a parts NIGHTMARE. Hope you know what you're in for. Neat looking little boat but I can't imagine trying to maintain that beyond obsolete driveline.
    2002 20' Hydra-Sports 202DC 200HP Yamaha HPDI
    1976 18' Starcraft SuperSport 90HP Evinrude
    Restoration thread https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=357767

Comment

Looks like someone put the Stringer drive in later? Original drive?
      When will people learn that impellers require regular
      replacement and are not drive it till it pukes items?

1984 Regal Medallion 195
      3.8 V-6 with the dreaded
      OMC Stringer Drive.
      2003 Avalanche w/Hypertech

If it ain't fixable - don't break it!

Comment

actually I just ordered a seal kit for the gear cases and it seems like parts arent going to be a problem, gears and bearings look good. I will say that it has crossed my mind to convert to a modern merc drive, my hobby has been building custom street rods for years so I cant help my self.

Comment

I have a 1966 Caravelle which looks like yours its a four cylinder 4cycle OMC I/O 120 Hp Engine parts are relatively easy to obtain and out drive parts are availible. I suggest you search and get a Manuel for the power plant.Yours is probably a Calypso 15' 90 hp Omc I/O. It should be a four cycle chevy engine. Lt. Daly
          Originally posted by skipper2b View Post
          just bought this old shell lake boat and would like to know if anyone could tell me the model,its a 15ft ,1967 model with a 90hp v4 2cycle i/o omc/johnson. she's in really good shape for the age,it will be a fun winter project. I saw a shell lake la sabre in a craigs list ad that looked similar but not exactly the same.thanks for looking.

Comment

Cant offer you much advise from me.. just thought i chime in to tell you thats one cool looking boat.. I love older boats from that time.

I almost bought one like that recently as a project but decided not to because of that bad things I've heard on here about the driveline and not being able to get parts for it.

anyways, I wish you good luck and hope to here that you get everything you need to get her out on the water.

Comment

Working...
            X