Navigation sticker on my dash (pics.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: Navigation sticker on my dash (pics.)

These people have something real similar, scroll down to bottom left corner:

4" x 6 ", $1 each, don't know how bad shipping would be. You'd think they could just put it in an envelope for you.

http://www.sign-sations.com/boatsafetydecals.htm

Untitled-1copy-1.jpg

I went to the site. I tried to get a blow-up look at the "FCC Emergency Procedures" card they sell, but can't do it. Maybe I'll order a few anyway- I'd like to have that one aboard. Calling for help is something you never practice, and when you need to do it you're under a ton of stress.

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I found this thread again after I posted this decal from my boat in the boat safety section. Available on the BoatUS web site for FREE. You can order up to 100 or download it as a PDF.

Boat Handling Guide decal.jpg

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Glad he brought it back to life. I never would have found this thread. I think i'll order some of the signs or card to handout.

Why not review an old thread with useful information?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Glad he brought it back to life. I never would have found this thread. I think i'll order some of the signs or card to handout.

Why not review an old thread with useful information?

You are suppose to start your own thread, if you have questions, posting to threads more than 90 days old is strictly prohibited, this new crew coming in is something! The reason the old threads are left up, is for a review, such as an archive, but you are not suppose to post to them, read the darn rules that you agreed to when you signed up!

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I found this thread again after I posted this decal from my boat in the boat safety section. Available on the BoatUS web site for FREE. You can order up to 100 or download it as a PDF.

Click on the Forum Help link in the sig below and read about posting in old, inactive threads. You posted once in your thread, no need to do it again.

There is a reason we don't like old threads revived. For old threads, many members look at the start date of the thread and don't look at older threads with new posts. Also, an old thread with a new post asking the OP if the problem was fixed and the OP doesn't visit anymore isn't helping the new poster.

A new thread was started and it would attract more attention than in this old thread - Except when a new member posts in an old thread and he gets jumped. There was no reason to post the decal in this thread and reopen this old thread to more posts.

The only one who should post in an old thread is the original poster, which opens it for posts by anyone. Until then, the thread should only be read. When an old thread is reopened, it jumps to the top of the Today's Posts list and detracts from the current active posts.

All this is explained in detail in the rules. Unfortunately, the rules are like stickies and they don't get read. :blue:

Last edited:

Fun Times

Staff member
Last edited:

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am sorry I ruffled some feathers.

This is the first forum I have ever been on in my 47 years of living where posting in an old thread is so taboo. Don't worry MTboatguy, it won't happen again. Happy boating, and I'll gladly make it up to you by mailing you a decal when they come in. I'm also sorry that I couldn't afford a boat back in 2010 when you joined this forum.

This is a great forum! I've been boating for over 30 years, but I haven't owned a boat since 1996. I'm just trying to learn everything that I forgot over the years.

Thanks to the mods, you have a job I wouldn't want, and you are doing a fantastic job!

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Please see Todd in NY's new topic that FunTimes linked above.

old topic closed

Status
Not open for further replies.