Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

reelfishin

Captain
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/1838521653.html

Guy talks about how great the boat is, then just happens to throw in in the middle of the add

"The motor runs and starts right up, top end just overhauled replaced some valves and all gaskets. Was told by the mechanic that there is some problem in the lower half, may be a broke rod."

Haha, its a nice boat though, just needs a rod. lmao

That one reminds me of an outboard I went to look at last month, the thing knocked so loud I was afraid to stand within 30ft of it when it ran. The ad in the paper read "Low hours, super clean, needs nothing, 120hp Evinrude", it was the worst looking mess I'd seen in a long time. It was running on the ears when I got there, I could hear the knock as I pulled in his yard. It sounded like several lower end rod bearings had gone away and the rods were clattering on the bare crankshaft journals. When I asked if he heard the knock, he said it was no big deal, his mechanic told him that the rods just needed adjusting?
I tried to explain to him that rods don't ever need 'adjusting' but it was pretty much no use. I told him he was probably right and the noise will sooner or later just go away. I just hope he's not standing next to it when the noise does stop.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Nice to see someone have a semi-realistic price on a jet boat for once.

62 pipestone

Seaman

1974 TriHull Mercruiser In/Out Board Ski Boat with trailer, boat cover, life vests, cushions, buoys and more. The engine is a Chrysler, 140 HP. We have had it in dry storage for the last 2 years, with the engine winterized. We bought it used (obviously) about 3 1/2 years ago, but did not have the opportunity to use it much. When we last used it the engine ran smoothly and started easily. $900 sounds like a steal, but as with everything that sounds too good to be true, there really is a catch to this. The transom sprung a leak on our last outing and we haven't had time to get it fixed. You would be welcome to get estimates on getting it fixed before you make an offer. We will also consider a trade. Please call Sharon @ 719-200-xxxx for more information.

at least he is honest

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/boa/1838756020.html

RogersJetboat454

Commander

http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/1832210554.html

"1999 Glastron sx175 $3500.00 Its a project that needs to be completed almost done but I'm out of money and summer will end soon. It has a 350 chevy/Volvo penta engine. Engine runs good and stren drive is good. Needs impeller water pump (it draws water from the stern drive) and the controller for shifting needs to be hooked up. The vinyl is not purfect. The boat books for up to $9000.00 but needs to be finished for that amount of money. Cash or partial trade. I have dial-up service so it is best if call."

So let me see... Take a 25+ year old engine you found in a junk boat, and throw it in something that looks halfway decent?

Books at $9000? Unmolested in "purfect" shape maybe... BTW Since when is a GM HEI distributor U.S.C.G. Approved?

Andy'sDelight

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's one:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/1840242891.html

one of a kind,9.8 hp mercury outboard,trolling motor,2-batterys,running lights,center console,fish finder,compass,ancher and rope,good trailer with good tires,approx.5' wide X 11'long,cash only 770-317-6609 price is firm

3n23pb3la5Y15T65U3a7d592bc9c7d2ff1b60.jpg

Someone put a tiller O/B with steering controls on a bathtub hahaha!

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/1840767698.html

who wants to to business with this guy, sounds like a complete jackass.

he may be, but you need to be up front...I have have hundreds of people email me about a boat I have, and a dozen times people "WERE COMING" , but never showed...you really get sick of it.. and getting tough up front at least keeps the tire kickers away

that deal is sweet for someone with means and time..two free boats one with a rebuilt engine..and trailer...

sure the lure is to get rid of the big ugly house boat with the new rebuilt engine as bait in the other boat...

but you know some dude will come in there and start pulling stuff apart to "fix it" and then give up and leave everythign all over the place...and the old dude with heart and lung problems has to clean up the mess and still get rid of the boats!!!

RobbyA

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's one:

Someone put a tiller O/B with steering controls on a bathtub hahaha!

I'm confused, do you use the tiller or the steering wheel or both? Maybe the 9.8 hp merc has so much power you have to use both controls

Gromulin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm confused, do you use the tiller or the steering wheel or both? Maybe the 9.8 hp merc has so much power you have to use both controls

It's my "Offshore" boat, needs both control locations. My lake boat is in my avatar. :D

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

doesnt that stripe down the port side, suggest it is COAST GUARD????

maybe it is the French coast guard!!!! ha ha

bob

cwhite6

Petty Officer 1st Class

This one takes the cake!!!

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/boa/1843155626.html

Looking to trade my double seater bike for a nice speed boat... This is a rare double seater was made Zambuli Africa in the early 18 centry. As you can see, I have customized this baby to suit my needs. You to can enjoy long rides or those quick brisk rides to the market with a friend. The bike has been well taken care of. The seats are made of goat hide and have no smell. I have put a new chain on the front sprocket and (2) used tires to replace the bald ones. Looking to make a even trade for speed boat, may be willing to spend a little cash for newer model....Also will take reasonable cash offers, NO LOW BALLERS! Let me know what you have... thanks for looking... Jim Bob
I also have a single seater that am willing to part with for the right price...BRING ALL OFFERS!

Attachments

• 3n33m73oc5Y25T15R0a7ee7e9f3b065e912b7.jpg
    3n33m73oc5Y25T15R0a7ee7e9f3b065e912b7.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 3nf3k73m25U15X35S0a7e96622944d1ae14ed.jpg
    3nf3k73m25U15X35S0a7e96622944d1ae14ed.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 0