Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Here's a goody, 16' boat with a 9.9hp outboard...
Obviously a scam as the boat is registered in PA and advertised in Las Vegas, NV.
Pic's are NOT in Las Vegas.

(sorry for the side scroll thing, the whole add is linked to a web address)

Edit: Got it smaller, but maybe too small . . . QC :redface:

4g2o80.jpg

oceansbreeze

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've enjoyed this thread, I'm always browsing kijiji and CL.... but.... can you guys post your text, and maybe save the photos, then attach to your posts? The first 3 pages of reading have so many links, and they are all "deleted" by author... so the rest of us late comers can only dream how funny the posts were.... :(

cheers

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hi all
this thread has been quite entertaining, BUT would be a whole lot better if posts would COPY and PASTE the text from the ad and maybye save one pic from the ad to attach to your posting, even posts from a week or so can be deleted from CL
90% of the links to CL are deleted or removed already...BUMMER! Missed out on all the fun! new posters...please...for all of us to laugh :D more, paste the text and save a pic for us THANKS! :)

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

Not going to bother posting the whole ad because it only had one line that really made me laugh.

1981 Galaxy 18' open bow. BRAND NEW crate engine... Installed in 1994.

$3000 invested. Asking $2000

Anyone want to explain how an engine installed 15 years ago is brand new? ;-)

scipper77

Commander

Not going to bother posting the whole ad because it only had one line that really made me laugh.

1981 Galaxy 18' open bow. BRAND NEW crate engine... Installed in 1994.

$3000 invested. Asking $2000

Anyone want to explain how an engine installed 15 years ago is brand new? ;-)

My boat has a brand new outdrive installed in 1984 by the original factory techs. BRAND NEW plus installed by certified Chris Craft techs, beat that!!

Mel Taylor

Chief Petty Officer

And then there's this one from the Albuquerque CL. Not at all funny in my book. Really sad in fact.

19 ft Johnson Boat IBOB - $800 (Moriarty)
Date: 2009-09-12, 7:30AM MDT
Reply to: sale-hg6zv-1370624320@craigslist.org

No spammers please. We're gonna lose the house if I don't get some money soon. My job is pretty much crap due to the economy. My husband works his butt off for us but the weather has slowed work down to a crawl. These are the only pics I got. I'm worried about bills and unless I become famous or win the lottery soon? Only God really knows what we need so here goes:

This boat is awesome. We just never have the money to use it. It has sat outside uncover and now needs new carpet and then vinyl on seats. Only other thing wrong with it is it needs new running boards and some freeze orsome kind of plugs in the engine that only cost $60 bucks to repair. Other than that it's a steal. Worth 3 grand fixed and all pertified up. I'm not gonna lie. It's not pretty anymore. We got it from AZ and brought it here and the NM sun has just baked it. If you got the money, a dirt bike or small car to get my husband to work for cheaper than his gas guzzler which the clutch just went out on yesterday, I'll trade.

Well, He say's if Love was money and that was all he had to get by on. He could live forever with just me and the kiddos. Please only reply if ya want the stuff. Thanks.

special_kaye

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My boat has a brand new outdrive installed in 1984 by the original factory techs. BRAND NEW plus installed by certified Chris Craft techs, beat that!!

LOL! Love it.

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

I like this one:

"Im looking for a nice boat (baja or any sport ski boat) with inboard or i/o motor.. i have many toys i ncludeing a very aftermarket powercoated 86 honda trx250r a 1970 honda ct70 and a aftermarket twin spare frame pitbike with a 140cc motor and many other aftermarket parts i think the value of the three are somehwere around $8000 i also have a 1990 s10 4cly 5 speed lowered black truck and a 1997 s 10 blazer lowered and has headrest tvs a 7 inch touchscreen panasonic dvd cd am fm head unit a 6 inch rearview mirror monitor with a back up camera i would be willing to trade for a nice boat. lemme know what you have and i can send pictures of the stuff i have. with the economy being crap i cant afford to buy a boat. email me with offers at__________"

$8000. Sure.

TerryMSU

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I hope this is attached right, but the CL posting is a little bit clueless.

TerryMSU

60'S ANTIQUE BOAT MOTOR!!! - $100 (hopkins)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-09-14, 12:20PM EDT
Reply to: sale-shwvx-1373833644@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1960's Antique boat motor, believe it's a 2 stroke 6hp sea king! Must be worth alot more than $100.00. Needs taken apart and cleaned up, Could be a steal! (269)793-7165

Attachments

• motor.JPG
    motor.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 0

Huron Angler

Admiral

I hope this is attached right, but the CL posting is a little bit clueless.

TerryMSU

60'S ANTIQUE BOAT MOTOR!!! - $100 (hopkins)

Date: 2009-09-14, 12:20PM EDT
Reply to: sale-shwvx-1373833644@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1960's Antique boat motor, believe it's a 2 stroke 6hp sea king! Must be worth alot more than $100.00. Needs taken apart and cleaned up, Could be a steal! (269)793-7165

LOL :D I saw the same ad while trolling thru the GR craigslist this morning.

I thought about posting it here as well. I'd say it's older than 1960 if ya ask me.

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

I love the font of information in this add:eek:

motor (18353 saylorsburg)

Date: 2009-09-12, 12:30PM EDT
Reply to: sale-cspwj-1370912539@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

make offer

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1370912539

I mean HEY, what else do you need to know?:rolleyes:

heathk2003

Cadet

2008 Glastron GXL 205 20 ft - $22000

Date: 2009-09-14, 5:09PM EDT

This boat was literally only used 6 times, not even used 1 tank of gas.
MUST sell, moving out of state. Engine needs replaced. Excellant condition.

Ha .... he thinks this boat is in excellent condition and asking as much as a new holdover even though it needs the engine replaced!!

skargo

Banned

What kind of doof blows an engine in 6 runs? :confused:

QC

Supreme Mariner

OMG :eek: ^^^^ Fully loaded with two oars and two life jackets, minus 40 horsepower . . . :rolleyes:

Huron Angler

Admiral

Some people's definition of "fully loaded" apparently disagree with mine :)

http://meadville.craigslist.org/boa/1357745689.html

Apparently all the "fully loaded" gear is in the ski locker?

Also good thing they have that massive splashwell since that 9.9 must really get it going while on plane:p

I almost bought a 16' starcraft last winter for $800...boat, trailer and a 7.5hp Merc...I liked the motor for my 12' tinny but the seller had it all rigged up as the primary:D