Nauticus Smart Tab question

Stinnett21

Chief Petty Officer
I'm considering them as a winter project. I feel like I've read through the most of the bizillion discussions of these on this forum but I still have a question for Smart Tab users. If I buy the SX series along with the PR500 plate retractor brackets, when in reverse what keeps the downward pressure on the plate from moving the lever arm handle out of position?

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I don't have the retractors on my Smart Tabs, but it sure looks like any pressure while in reverse would have to be quite substantial to pop those lever arms out of position. How fast do you drive in reverse? I watched a video of the tabs being moved from the deployed (lowered) position to the retracted position, and it looked like they were pretty firmly help in place when in the lowered position.

You might try emailing Nauticus. I've found their customer support to be excellent and I bet you'd get a quick reply.

Stinnett21

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks JAS. I've heard they're a good company and I'll probably call them but was just hoping to hear from someone with field experience. I don't back fast at all under normal circumstances but was just wondering if the need ever arose what would happen. Do you have the SX or the steel ones?

MRS

Commander
I have the bennet tabs springs in them nothing to leak work great for me any how. When backing up with any tabs go slow you will not have great steering with them down is where they will be.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Thanks JAS. I've heard they're a good company and I'll probably call them but was just hoping to hear from someone with field experience. I don't back fast at all under normal circumstances but was just wondering if the need ever arose what would happen. Do you have the SX or the steel ones?

Mine are the SX ones. I really like them. They cured my boat of chine-walking at high speed, and they help it get up on plane at slower speeds (very nice for pulling kids a tube).