Any water system pros on this forum????

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
I have owned my Regal commodore for over 10 years.My water system can work off my manually filled water holding tank or Hose inlet shore feed from the dock.When plugged into shore inlet for an extended period while on vacation I noticed that my water holding tank is filling up which it has never done nor did I think it was possible to do.This has never happened before as I typically keep the tank near empty when on boat vacation and plugged into shore water/hose inlet.My guess is that I have a bad check valve somewhere allowing water to flow into the tank and actually was trickling out of the cap.fill.Anyone very familiar with watre systems???

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Yes. You should have a check valve "someplace" in the line to prevent it going to the tank. It may be the pump itself that's leaking back from the shore pressure. Do you have a shore pressure regulator in line? That could also cause the issue.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Saw a check valve near the pressure pump,guess i will change it out.As far as a regulator,my assumption is that the shore inlet IS the regulator...?? No?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Saw a check valve near the pressure pump,guess i will change it out.As far as a regulator,my assumption is that the shore inlet IS the regulator...?? No?

Some have the regulated some don't. Mine don't. Haven't been an issue. You can add one if you don't have one. Sometimes the check valve just needs a cleaning.