Place to buy used windshield

Dave-R

Chief Petty Officer
I have a 2006 Reinell 185 LS that needs a center windshield . Need everything not just the glass. Any ideas on where to look? tried ebay with no luck. It's taylor made straight glass 20" top and bottom and 22" high. Thanks, your'e help is always appreciated. Dave-R PS I called taylor made, but I would have to come back out of retirement to pay for it.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Contact Reinell or keep searching ebay.

And yes, it will be pricey. My guess about $600

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I found most salvage yards ask 2x what new is

Dave-R

Chief Petty Officer
Scott: You are the worlds best price guesser. 595.00$ Plus shipping and handling. Dave-R

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Scott: You are the worlds best price guesser. 595.00$ Plus shipping and handling. Dave-R

Not a guess. I have had to buy windows and parts before.

just to put my windows back in there is 215 worth of rubber bits which should be in on Tuesday.

if you were to buy that from one of the marine salvage places, you would pay between 300 and 800 depending on what one you look at.

to buy the window you have as parts is $170 worth of glass, $350 worth of frame parts, $100 worth of rubber bits, $5 worth of hardware, and about 8 hours of your time to assemble it all together. or buy it for about $600 ready to install.

handling is $25, shipping will be about $40

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I got a complete walk-thru with all hardware including screws for 40 bucks. It was on CL and the timing must have been just right. The lottery tickets didn't pay off. I was luckier with the W/S. :smile:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Sometimes it is cheaper to look for a boat that has a windshield on it that the boat is trash, I did that last summer, complete boat, trailer, stripped the boat, kept the trailer for my Starcraft and got rid of the boat at the local dump for $17.00. I paid $200 for everything,, and still have the windshield to get rid of this summer, but I will actually make money when it is all said and done.