locker key

Waggner

Recruit
I have a 2016 SD2000 I bought used. It looks like the locker/cabinet in front of the console could be locked. How do I get a replacement key?

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,...... Welcome Aboard,....... What the 'ell is a SD2000,..??..??

I'm Guessin', you can change out the lock cylinder,.......

Got a picture or 2 of the lock,..??

Waggner

Recruit
Hurricane Sun Deck 2000. I'll try to get a picture when I get off work.

Blind Date

Chief Petty Officer
What about the dealer? That's where I got the key for the cuddy door on my 1997 Sundancer couple of summers ago. Had to buy $255 worth of keys and then figure out which was the correct one, but they took back the ones I didn't need!..............LOL

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Contact the dealer, they will know what key fits what lock. It won't be cheap in my experience. If that fails carefully pry it open and replace the lock. If you are a member of AAA they may open it without destroying the door.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
drill out lock, spend $15 on new lock with key.

Waggner

Recruit
Thanks for the suggestions. It't not that the door is currently locked but it would be handy to have it lock when at a public marina. I'll try the dealer though they tend to be hit and miss on stuff.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
if its not locked, then unbolt the lock, buy a new one with a key and go boating

ziggy

Admiral
your local locksmith can likely make a 1st key.

any numbers on the face of the lock. if so, that is likely the key code to that lock. a locksmith can use that info to make a key.

if ya get a replacement. keep the cam off the back of the lock. it may be unique to your application. assuming it's a cam type lock. if ya replace it. cam locks come in many lengths. get the same length.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
A lot of campers / RV units all use the same keys for storage compartments.---Likely the same with boat lockers.-----A good dealer will help here.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Thanks for the suggestions. It't not that the door is currently locked but it would be handy to have it lock when at a public marina. I'll try the dealer though they tend to be hit and miss on stuff.

A small lock isn't stopping anyone from getting at what's inside, if they rea;;y want to. 10 seconds with a screwdriver.

edit: or less. I presumed you were locked out. Just unbolt it like Scott said and replace the lock,. This really isn't a problem when it comes to boating.