Looking for info on Ebbtide Dyna Trak boats.

Keyboardman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi all, I have the opportunity to pick up an Ebbtide Dyna Trak boat from my brother in law. He's the original owner. It's a 1986 model approx. 18 foot, looks like a true fish and ski bowrider with platform on back with pedestal seat and part deck in the bow for a seat also. It has a 115 Merc on it and a trolling motor on the bow. It's been used very little, and always stored in a carport. Anyone have any first hand info on these boats? Thanks

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Excellent, very well made boats.
Held up well if cared for.
A bow rider that put the fisherman first, with additional seating for the family.
A well sought after boat until consumer design preferences changed in the last 10-15 years.

As for the motor, if its a 6 cylinder '86 model , fine motor, not fuel efficient, but last version of the "tower of power" motors.

Keyboardman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thank you Roscoe, I found out that they are true hand laid boats which is nice. I'm an old Johnson/OMC guy but that Merc on it seems to be a pretty good engine. Also, I'm a NC coastal boater and that boat has less freeboard than my 18' Sterndrive. The Dyna Trak looks like it would be a better lake boat. The combination of a nice fishing set up and still a bit of comfort is appealing. Depending on what he wants for it I may pick it up.

marcomel

Recruit
Hi all, I have the opportunity to pick up an Ebbtide Dyna Trak boat from my brother in law. He's the original owner. It's a 1986 model approx. 18 foot, looks like a true fish and ski bowrider with platform on back with pedestal seat and part deck in the bow for a seat also. It has a 115 Merc on it and a trolling motor on the bow. It's been used very little, and always stored in a carport. Anyone have any first hand info on these boats? Thanks

I owned a 1986 for about 5 years, bought it new. Great hull and general lines. It was powered by a Johnson GT150 V6. 27 years later, I am looking for another. Buy it.