This year's upgrade

briangcc

Commander
After doing some research online we went to boat shows in Syracuse and Orchard Park (Buffalo) to look at the boats with varying mats. We also saw what Chaparral offered and quite frankly it didn't cover items that we thought should be covered. If you look at the picture below for my model year they only include the left, center, and right pads - omitting both triangle steps and the odd shaped piece just above the swim ladder cover. (I see this model year they are only including the center pad - if you run their Build configuration). It didn't take much convincing of my admiral to get a sample kit in and determine what we wanted to do.

I had to make my own template as Seadek does not have a pattern for my particular boat (they do now though...should they choose to use it). We (ok, my admiral chose) Terra over Chocolate with a Hexagon pattern. Came in last week and we ended up with this as a result.

y4mSvUCeT3XiwjrnarKszHqNgs90768JL0r-r1pGWAlBdHNBHm_PFu8gke3GwSxcSCUsqh7Cp_xAQ4I7I3AZnNEDfNzB8dTgymjtBHMZ29KeQPBVEKZpoAoRwF_ahHYvSKvcRP7EvJYTFqwUuiI3m6-MI2R7kRFE1lP0v2nqMRFIOr2v6gCmGRlAIqBXCH5kFbqB-GQno8DTZ6UHTjEEfrCpw

Lowlysubaruguy

Chief Petty Officer
Im looking at coverings for my new boat was looking at something like what yours has. Were going to be diving a lot bare feet heavy gear banging on the floors etc. Havent commited to anything yet, My boat came with this snap in fiber flooring the flooring is actually really nice the snaps suck. First 30 minutes in the water we broke two of them another day a week or two later a scraped my knee on one bad enough to show meat. There all coming out and getting sealed up this summer. Sad because its a spendy option probably worth half what the covering I go with will cost me.

briangcc

Commander
Im looking at coverings for my new boat was looking at something like what yours has. Were going to be diving a lot bare feet heavy gear banging on the floors etc. Havent commited to anything yet, My boat came with this snap in fiber flooring the flooring is actually really nice the snaps suck. First 30 minutes in the water we broke two of them another day a week or two later a scraped my knee on one bad enough to show meat. There all coming out and getting sealed up this summer. Sad because its a spendy option probably worth half what the covering I go with will cost me.

There are other options out there besides what I used. We went with this one as it was a brand I had heard mentioned and of the others out there seems to have the most color options. For my specific application this fit the bill but if you're looking at doing the inside cockpit I would suggest reading the FAQ's on this product (or any other). Based on what I read, I don't think I would do the cockpit in my boat with the stuff...and its incredibly pricey.

For me....I bought the template kit with (2) extra sheets of mylar (glad I did as I ruined one with an errant tear), then the custom job from start to finish including shipping was $433. Add on the container of Acetone I needed to use to clean the swim platform (per their directions) and I think this job topped out right at $500.

I'll report back with how it performs when it gets wet. Supposedly it gets grippier. Water's still a bit chilly here for my kiddos to be jumping in to the lake.