Faux Teak Decking in 19' bowrider

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I think the stuff you have linked looks cheep. then again, I see real teak every day.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
They make vinyl non-skid flooring for boats. I think it looks better than that stuff.

jetboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
They make vinyl non-skid flooring for boats. I think it looks better than that stuff.

This!

Two of the better known brands are Seadek and Hydroturf. Both places will custom cut the pieces to your particular boat or you can just buy sheets and cut it yourself.

It comes either with a 3M peel and stick adhesive (recommended!) or with no adhesive and you use contact cement (IMHO not worth the savings as you have to buy the cement separately and carefully apply it only where the material goes)

Seadek will send you a “sample pack” of all their colors free if you go on their website. Hydroturf will also send you up to 3 color swatches free.

(Not affiliiated with either—just passing it along—I’ve used both and both are good—-on my previous boat, it was on for 11 years and still looked like new when I sold the boat).

Last edited:

briangcc

Commander
That looks incredibly cheap...as in it might hold up a season or two.

There are other options out there as mentioned above. I am going with SeaDek for my swim platform. Have the colors picked out from their free sample kit and have the template kit waiting warmer weather. Last email I had with them indicated they have a 4 week lead so don't be in a hurry.

SDSeville

Lieutenant
Haha glad I asked. Almost pulled the trigger on this stuff. Thanks for the advice everyone.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
How does the product hold up an a curved surface? I am putting a floor in an old alumacraft and it will have some bend in it.

jetboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How does the product hold up an a curved surface? I am putting a floor in an old alumacraft and it will have some bend in it.

I think it’ll depend on how tight the curve is. If its a gentle curve across the floor should work fine—-not sure on a tight 90 degree section though

Maybe order the free sample kit from Seadek and lay it on the curve and see what you think.