want to add a windlass, need advice on my 2 options for install

turbocorrado

Petty Officer 1st Class
so end of last season we picked up a wellcraft 240se, my wife really wants a windlass anchor, and its got a semi cutout for one in the pulpit, but i would like some advice on weather its worth it to cut that all the way through.

should i finish the cutout and run it through that, or just add an anchor bracket across the top of the pulpit and do no cutting, just have to move the nav light??

excuse the dirtiness, this was from right when i got the boat and the first time i pulled the cover off the pulpit

Attachments

• photo286022.jpg
    photo286022.jpg
    885.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo286023.jpg
    photo286023.jpg
    733.4 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
The cut piece shown is for the anchor roller, so the anchor comes up from under it. If your going to install the windless cut that out and install the roller head.

turbocorrado

Petty Officer 1st Class
The cut piece shown is for the anchor roller, so the anchor comes up from under it. If your going to install the windless cut that out and install the roller head.

do you know if anyone sells kits for this? its gonna need metal all around the cut out section to prevent damage and seal it off

tpenfield

Staff member
Probably no kits to be had, but with some common anchor roller hardware, you can have a decent setup. Look at a SeaRay 270 Sundancer anchor setups for ideas.

Also, don't underestimate the task of wiring and installing the windlass itself. . . it will make the bow pulpit part seem easy.

turbocorrado

Petty Officer 1st Class
Probably no kits to be had, but with some common anchor roller hardware, you can have a decent setup. Look at a SeaRay 270 Sundancer anchor setups for ideas.

Also, don't underestimate the task of wiring and installing the windlass itself. . . it will make the bow pulpit part seem easy.

thanks for the advice! il do some more research