262 windshield hinge pin

torombolo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Good day, I have a Monterey 262 2001 and the hinge pin from the front windshield window is breaking, Im looking for the replacement but cannot find a specific. Does anyone have any idea of a part number if possible.

thanks in advance for the help

alldodge

Staff member
If its just the pin and not the hinge, it should be about an 1/8 to 3/16 stainless rod.

I googled "boat windshield hinge" and found pins and hinges. A place like great lakes skipper is a good place to look for new old stock

What about contacting a dealer or Monterey boats? Might still be using the same hinge
https://www.montereyboats.com/

torombolo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks alldodge, I did find for larson or bayliner, i will contact monterey for it

Lowlysubaruguy

Chief Petty Officer
Piece of stainless steel tig welding rod you can pick on thats got a higher corrosion resistance if you can find a shop that does a lot of TIG welding on stainless. Put a light flatten on the last end to slide in enough that it will need driven in with a punch and it will stay put

onewhippedpuppy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I hope you have better luck with Monterey than I did, they were never able to help me with any specific parts requests. 3 years with a 2004 226 and I eventually just quit trying the dealerships. Fortunately there is very little on a boat that is specific to the manufacturer, so with a little searching and creativity you should be able to find a similar part.

torombolo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just as expected no response from Monterey. Im going to pri a piece of whats left and get a rod like a soldering rod of that diameter

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Just as expected no response from Monterey. Im going to pri a piece of whats left and get a rod like a soldering rod of that diameter

You have to go through a dealer. Monterey does not sell direct to customers.