Wellcraft 210 Fisherman

tcroz

Recruit
Looking at a 200 Wellcraft 210 Fisherman was wondering if anyone had any advice as to what I should look for on the boat. Also, does anyone know what the stringers and transom are made of on these?

Lowlysubaruguy

Chief Petty Officer
Not that I know for sure but Im 99% sure Fiberglass in both areas no wood. My biased view would be that its a decent boat hard to get more for the same or less money. Not saying there are not better boats but they pack a lot into a boat for less money than anything I could find. My driveway owns a 262 Fisherman its sitting out there covered in ice and rain, it was feeling pretty sad last week covered in ice and snow all week.

porscheguy

Chief Petty Officer
As per wellcraft, that boat uses foam filled fiberglass stringers and composite transom. Technically, glass over plywood qualifies as a composite, but with boating in the past 20 years, composite usually means plastic/foam/etc. For info on older wellcrafts you can go to the owners section of their website and they’ve got old literature and brochures that at least provide some pics and specs.

tcroz

Recruit
Cool thanks for the responses ended up picking it up for 4500 without a motor glad to hear there's no wood there