I thought it was a tinny but now I'm not sure

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Wow, I wish I was there with you in tinny boat picker Heaven.I don't know how old the man is but unless he has a boat load of money many if not all will be sold off as scrap by the executor. And that's a sad thing, sad as making a sandbox out of a classic. Many will call it junk. Just thinking I don't think I would let the little ones play in it. Do you think there may be lead paint on her?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Make good friends and he may put you in his will....

funny there is a boat similar to this in Guntersville AL that I drove past for years. I tried to buy it twice. Last night, for real, I had a dream about the owner calling me back and he had changed his mind and he sold it to me. I woke up before I had to tell the wife so can't tell you if I survived the attack or not.

But odd I dream that then see this thread a few hours later.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Wow, I wish I was there with you in tinny boat picker Heaven.I don't know how old the man is but unless he has a boat load of money many if not all will be sold off as scrap by the executor. And that's a sad thing, sad as making a sandbox out of a classic. Many will call it junk. Just thinking I don't think I would let the little ones play in it. Do you think there may be lead paint on her?
The owner is in his early 50s I'd say. Very nice guy. He has a 10 y.o. boy and offered to take me and my 11 y.o. and wife out on his 50' boat to swim in the flats in the Gulf. And that's just one of his boats. He also talked about taking us out tubing, etc.

He owns the 50 acre lot where the boats are located. He leases it out as well, so has income from that venture. That lot was a part of a large marina which he owned then sold off. So yeah, he has a boatload of money. ;) He travels a lot and mentioned the Philippines which really got us going. My wife and the boy are Filipino and when I told him that he just fired right up. He's lived in the Philippines several times, speaks some of the language and loves the people. So I told him about my wife's beautiful single friend there and off to the races we went! :lol:

Good stuff!

Ya know, I'd not thought about lead in the paint while I was poking and prodding in that little boat. Good point!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Make good friends and he may put you in his will....

funny there is a boat similar to this in Guntersville AL that I drove past for years. I tried to buy it twice. Last night, for real, I had a dream about the owner calling me back and he had changed his mind and he sold it to me. I woke up before I had to tell the wife so can't tell you if I survived the attack or not.

But odd I dream that then see this thread a few hours later.

It really is interesting about that dream sequence and timing. Things that make ya go hmmmm...