Newbie- learning all there is to know before getting first boat

Old Ironmaker

Captain
It happens to new members on many different forums. They suddenly depart because they have lost their log in code and can't be bothered to get a new one because the site doesn't really fit their needs, or get scared off like oldrem said above. How do I know that? I've done it because I didn't like the forum or the carrying on between members, some people (idiots) out in cyber space actually give fake answers to get kicks.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
The previous photo is my liberator I picked up for $4k great boat a lot to do with a good boat is the manufacturer sorry to any but I’d never own a Bayliner ever ever ever. Stay away from an omc out drive hard to get parts for. And definitely check out some do’s and dont’s at the ramp. I haul us 2 and 3-4 kids in our boat regularly and is perfect. A pontoon is quite versatile as well and that’s what we were looking at getting except I like a little speed with my water.

That there is one nice looking boat. I believe you got a great deal but I don't know much about boats in the class you have there.

We have a 23' Bayliner circa 85', it is a solid boat with zero wood issues. When you get into 1988 and up they just are not good solid boats. The wiring is a mess though. It should be ready for Spring to flip it.

211libwtfo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yea sorry about all that Bayliner hate it’s jus I’ve witnessed and heard to many horror stories of those boats a lot with the force outboard motors and things like jus siliconing in plexiglass for windows on big cruisers. I’m glad yours is treated you well. Sorry to offend jus thought it would be good newbie advice.

211libwtfo

Petty Officer 1st Class
That there is one nice looking boat. I believe you got a great deal but I don't know much about boats in the class you have there.

We have a 23' Bayliner circa 85', it is a solid boat with zero wood issues. When you get into 1988 and up they just are not good solid boats. The wiring is a mess though. It should be ready for Spring to flip it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PUdgkGHrZZ7eOIm02 the quintessential OBNOXIOUS boat.