Need Outboard Opinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Outboard Opinions

Looking to re power a 20' Champion. Have been out of the outboard scene for 6 years and need some input. Will be purchasing a 200 hp motor, but which one ? Mercury ProXS, Yamaha Pro V SHO, Honda, Suzuki, Tohatsu, Evinrude Etech.....Thanks in advance for the input.

Buying an outboard with a qualified dealer a reasonable distance nearby would need to be a consideration....for parts, repair, service,etc.....

Comment

There are pro and cons with each of them but the key is local service.

Personally, 2 strokes are off the list. Adds roughly 40 cents a gallon to your fuel cost. Not worth increasing my fuel costs by 15% to reduce my time to plane by a 1/10 of a second or so.

Comment

The brand with the best reputation around my lake is Yamaha. My uncle swapped out his merc for a Yamaha a couple of years back and hasn't looked back. He gets a chuckle at the boat ramp every time someone pulls out the starting fluid on cold, early morning starts and he just launches fires up and goes.

The way I look at it, everyone is quick to defend their brand, why they made their choice, etc. But I haven't heard many bad things about Yamahas, except the old WWII vet that complained where they were made.

Comment

Working...
        X