Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
See more
See less

1997 80hp Yamaha outboard

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 80hp Yamaha outboard

Looking at buying a 1997 2 cycle 80hp Yamaha outboard... Does anyone know anything about this year motor, I notice that yamaha doesn't make a 80hp today, and as far as I know this seems to be the only 80hp, that Yamaha made? i guess ? . Was this year a good year for Yamaha? Is this a good motor? Can I still get parts for this motor today? Is and was this a reliabily outboard. Was this outboard built well? What are the pros and cons of a Yamaha 80hp???????????????? I certainly don't want to buy this motor IF this was the only year that Yamaha made the 80hp, b/c this only means that it was a bad year?????? Please anyinfo before Sunday would help Thanks in advance Rcobb in SC

Re: 1997 80hp Yamaha outboard

the C80 is about the same as the C85 and many other 3cyl yamahas. good solid engine but like ALL brands usually dies from lack OF CORRECT maint.
    no tech questions by PM, they wont get answered.
    you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to .

Re: 1997 80hp Yamaha outboard

Thx rodbolt --but what do you call correct maint?? Is their anything i should be looking for when I visually inspect motor and do a compression check? thx for info