Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

speedometer not working on yamaha outboard.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedometer not working on yamaha outboard.

Hello wise boaters, i have a little problem.i got a 88 yamaha outbaoard and the speedometer doesnt work. i was told that a engine that old usually has it blocked on the outboard? They recommend me just buying the speedometer and putting it on my transom and connecting it to the tube that goes to gauge.can anyone tell me where i should look for the hole - on the outboard so i can make sure it isnt clogged? i already have a wire over the transom for a sounder and dont want to many.I'm lost help?

Re: speedometer not working on yamaha outboard.

Hey Barb,Look for a small (approx 1/16") hole in the front of the lower unit just below the cavitation plate. Not sure what size motor you've got so I'm guessing here. Backlash

Comment

Working...
    X