2008 Yamaha t60tlr overheating at idle

Approx 1800 hrs never had any issues. Has had a weaker telltale at idle as long as I’ve had it, three years. After overheating at idle replaced water pump with entire new kit and changed thermostat. Still overheating. Removed lower unit and flushed head unit with a decalcifier for four hours with a pump. Still overheating. Removed water jacket and back flushed. Still overheating. Took to the mechanic and they found a hole in the water tube. Replaced the water tube. Still overheating. Looking for any other possible ideas. It is overheating not the sensor. Thanks for looking.

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
How is the water flow at the pisser after all of the work has been done on the motor? Are you running the motor with muffs or in the water when it overheats? How do you know it's over heating, any alarms or lights?

I’ve run it in both water and muffs same result. Doesn’t **** great. Never has in the three years I’ve had it. Alarm goes off after a few minutes and motor is extremely hot to touch and water that does come out of the pisser is hot hot.

John5198

Recruit
I’ve run it in both water and muffs same result. Doesn’t **** great. Never has in the three years I’ve had it. Alarm goes off after a few minutes and motor is extremely hot to touch and water that does come out of the pisser is hot hot.
How did you resolve your issue? I'm having a similar problem and looking for what others did. TIA

jbcurt00

Staff member
How did you resolve your issue? I'm having a similar problem and looking for what others did. TIA
Not likely to get a reply 2yrs later

Closed, as are the other 2 old inactive topics you posted to.

Start a topic about your motor and ask questions there