88 Yamaha 4 stroke -9.9 - opinion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 Yamaha 4 stroke -9.9 - opinion?

Hello, I’m looking at purchasing a used Yamaha 9.9 outboard. It’s 4 stroke 20 inch shaft and electric start. I like a 9.9/15 that Is portable.

Assuming that the mechanicals/compression are ok, is there something that I should be looking out for with this model year? He says that he would part with it for 900

i have never owned a Yamaha and only owned OMC products but the Yamahas have always been renowned for quality for what I can tell

looking for opinions

thanks

Hello, I’m looking at purchasing a used Yamaha 9.9 outboard. It’s 4 stroke 20 inch shaft and electric start. I like a 9.9/15 that Is portable.

Assuming that the mechanicals/compression are ok, is there something that I should be looking out for with this model year? He says that he would part with it for 900

Probably a few hundred dollars too high but haven’t started discussing price yet

i have never owned a Yamaha and only owned OMC products but the Yamahas have always been renowned for quality for what I can tell

looking for opinions on its value and if there are any issues with that model year

thanks

Comment

Yamahas are basically copies of OMC but more heavy. I've fooled around with a few of these, they are good, but Heavy...IF in very good condition, price is near retail and acceptable.

Comment

Working...
      X