Please help

Sriso100

Cadet
Hello everyone, I have a 1990 Yamaha 200 ETXD. Last year I bought the boat and the motor ran absolutely great. I was shocked actually at how well it ran at all RPM ranges. WOR was about 5400. Towards the end of the season there was some bogging at 1200-1500 rpm. A few times it would stall but if I advanced the throttle quickly it would get passed it and again run perfect up to wot. Now this year the issue persists and this time it would not go past 1500 RPM no matter what. It would stall. It also sneezed a lot when I’d first start it. Stalling several times. I have to warm it up around 1500rpm to keep it running. I removed and cleaned the carbs. I checked compression. Top 4 cylinders are 105. Bottom port is 90 bottom starboard is 95. Removed both fuel pumps and no leaks or tears. Made sure all fuel hose connections are tight. Boat ran much smoother. Now the motor was able to go up to 2800 RPMs and not as much hesitation around 1500rpm like in the past. Then the next time out she ran up to as high as 3200 RPM. The throttle is at roughly 3/4 when at 3200 and the last few inches you advance it does nothing. What’s strange is the motor runs very smooth. No shaking or misses. Sorry for the long post. Any recommendations are welcome.