2003 200HP OX66, SX200TXRB Anode Replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 200HP OX66, SX200TXRB Anode Replacement

On this motor the cylinder heads have to be removed to get at the internal anodes. I do most of my own maintenance on the motor but getting at the anodes is not a DIY job, for me anyway. I talked to a local shop and they said they’ve never replaced any. What’s the deal with these anodes? Do people regularly replace them? Has anyone ever replaced them?

Doubt it, break a head bolt or 2 and you'll be wishin you never tried. There's an external anode on each head that's under a cover .down low.
    1999 Powerquest 260 legend
    502 mpi
    B1

Comment

“Doubt it, break a head bolt or 2 and you'll be wishin you never tried. There's an external anode on each head that's under a cover .down low.”

Really? I see 4 anodes, on the exploded diagrams and they all look tough to get to.

Comment

Your correct there are 4, all serviceable from the outside . 2 are located below the spark plugs at the bottom of the head. 1 is behind the fuel filter and 1 behind the electrical panel where the T/T relay is. They are under a cover that is held on with a single screw.
        502 mpi
        B1

Comment

I do not see any anodes. This is an SX200TXRB engine.

Comment

Interesting, my 2001 sx225txrz has them
            502 mpi
            B1

Comment

Working...
            X